December 17, 2011

Scraps to Treasure

A shiny sheet of silver paper intrigued me. I ran it through my Cuttlebug but the impression was not very deep so I rummaged through my scrap bin for tissue paper and also found the inside liner from an old envelope -- with a most beautiful green toile pattern.


Using Mod Podge I adhered torn pieces of the papers to the silver shiny paper, leaving slight gaps here and there. 
Adding a lovely vintage lady decoupage piece and flower basket, and a rub-on flourish in the top corner, I now have a topper for an altered book cover, greeting card, or addition to a mixed media creation.





You can see hints of silver shining through!

Look at the effect of printing it in black & white! Love it!



Thank you for stopping by,
~Robi
Decorables

3 comments:

  1. Ihave been looking for a black and white image of the lady !!! Is it possible to get a copy???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. send my your email and I will send it to you.

      Delete
    2. I am not sure if you received my email, but here it comes again!!!!!
      meverill@gmail.com
      Thanks

      Delete

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...