February 03, 2012

Announcing - My #1 Favourite Project of 2011

For many reasons this creation stands out for me as my favourite! 
The back story has a lot to do with my affinity for this little flying object.


Where: Daytona Beach, Florida
Found: walking along the beach with Bambi Pro.
Created: back at Bambi's beach house in her glorious art studio on LIVE webTV


I love it because I thought of the idea less than an hour before I was going to be on my Live WebShow.  Bambi and I were walking along the shoreline and we noticed 2 plain crab shells.  I picked them up, looked at them, and immediately thought, 'butterfly'! 
We rushed back to her house and started planning as I shouted out my ingredient requests: alcohol inks, hot glue gun, rhinestones and some Tim Holtz clock pieces!
Bambi was a most skilled co-creator and together we created a butterfly from a crab. :)


It makes me happy every time I look at it, because I think it's really pretty and it represents a wonderful visit with a wonderful friend.


Thanks for stopping by,
~Roberta


Decorables

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...