August 13, 2015
Birthday Celebration Wall Hanging
|CELEBRATION Wall Hanging ( gesso, rubber stamps, paint, ink)|
I started with an 11x14, 140 lb piece of watercolour paper and stamped over the entire surface with ColorBox™ Background Basics Stamps (Diamonds1 and Picnic1) using ColorBox™ Crafter's ink in Sea Breeze and Blueberry. You need to heat set the inks .
Once dry, I covered most of the surface, using a putty knife, with a thin layer of gesso.
I then wrote words into the wet gesso: 'CELEBRATE', 'Happy birthday to you,..' etc. I used the tip of the knife to write but you can use any sharp object.
Using the ColorBox™ Background Basics by Ann Butler ( Checks1), I stamped into the wet gesso. Let everything dry before proceeding.
Once dry, I used Earth Safe Finishes Iridescents (rose), and the Blueberry, Ocean Breeze and Limelight inks to highlight the raised surfaces of the dried gesso. Let everything dry.
I attached the pink DCWV Self-adhesive Frame Border and then adhered the ceramic medallion (that I previously made) to the centre. And voila!
at 7:00 AM
August 12, 2015
July 26, 2015
What an adventure I had at the CHA PaperArts+Show 2015 in Schaumburg, Illinois.
I'd like to thank CHA for making my attendance possible; I'm a very lucky girl!
This was my first CHA Show and I am happy to say that I loved every minute of it. Today I'm sharing with you pics from the 3 workshops I attended:
I learned a lot about Therm O Web and all the great applications for Deco Foils™. I really love the Deco Foil™ liquid adhesive!
John Petersen loves what he does -- and it shows! I loved the 2 workshops I took with him and learned a lot from him. I can't wait to break out the pastes and inks and create beautiful DIY projects for my home.
tomorrow - Show Floor Happenings
at 6:56 PM
July 18, 2015
Thank you for joining me today as I get to create with Deflecto® for the very first time.
What did I use:
- Deflecto® 8"x10" lucite stand up frame
- Ann Butler Designs Clearnsap® background stamps, Picnic1 and Diamonds 1
- Castin'Craft® Easy Sculpt® Epoxy Modeling Clay
- DecoArt® media Liquid glass - clear
- Powertex sculpting colours: red, yellow, ivory, bronze,
- Powertex® l plaster statuette
- Powertex® Colortrix pigments - turquoise, gold, yellow
- masking tape, paint brushes, dowels, disposable gloves
- pieces of fabric, t-shirt, gauze, embellishments, sticker sentiment
At first I thought I was just going to make a frame around the border and be done with it, But once I discovered how sturdy and durable the frame was, I decided to put it to a test and see how much of 'my abuse' it could withstand!
|Look at the gorgeous patterns and texture that enhances the frame. I use Ann's stamps to get that fantastic look!|
- I taped off the entire front of the frame with masking tape, vertically. I thought that at the very least it would create interesting texture under the paint.
- I mixed the modeling clay and placed it in a few spots on the frame in a medium layer, in order to leave some 'give' when I pressed the background stamps into the clay. I didn't wait too long. I sprinkled some talcum powder on the clay surface before stamping, thus ensuring a clean impression and no clay residue left in the rubber.
4. Dip your cloth into Powertex and drape it around the goddess.
Add gauze, paper decoration, lace .. to your taste.
5. Secure your sentiment with Liquid Glass and brush a coat of Liquid Glass over your words. Liquid Glass can also enhance objects on your canvas, including buttons, facial features, words...
And Here's the Hop List:
stephaniescraps.blogspot.com/ 2015/07/ blog-hopping-with-ann-butler-de signs.html
at 12:00 AM
Making gorgeous paper flowers in a flash! EK Success Brands has 2 excellent paper punches that not only make beautiful borders, but beau...
Did you miss In the Zone with Cyn Gagen and Robi Cohen tonight? You can watch the replay here: In the Zone - Canadian Art - June 27th, 20...
RobertaBirnbaum.com was created to keep all my different ventures 'under one roof'. Please come visit me and if you have bookmark...
Birthday Celebration Wall Hanging CELEBRATION Wall Hanging ( gesso, rubber stamps, paint, ink) I chose to make this wall hanging...
Thank you for joining me today as I get to create with Deflecto® for the very first time. Deflecto® very generously sent us 2 lucite f...