August 13, 2015

Birthday Celebration Wall Hanging

 Birthday Celebration Wall Hanging

birthday celebration gesso and paint
CELEBRATION Wall Hanging ( gesso, rubber stamps, paint, ink)


I chose to make this wall hanging and ceramic plaque instead of a card.  I would have used the same techniques on a card anyways! lol.

birthday celebration gesso and paint
I started with an 11x14, 140 lb piece of watercolour paper and stamped over the entire surface with  ColorBox™ Background Basics Stamps (Diamonds1 and Picnic1) using ColorBox™ Crafter's ink   in Sea Breeze and Blueberry.  You need to heat set the inks .  
Once dry, I covered most of the surface, using a putty knife, with a thin layer of gesso.
I then wrote words into the wet gesso: 'CELEBRATE', 'Happy birthday to you,..' etc. I used the tip of the knife to write but you can use any sharp object.  
birthday celebration gesso and paint
Using the ColorBox™ Background Basics by Ann Butler ( Checks1), I stamped into the wet gesso. Let everything dry before proceeding.
birthday celebration gesso and paint
Once dry, I used Earth Safe Finishes Iridescents  (rose), and the Blueberry, Ocean Breeze and Limelight inks to highlight the raised surfaces of the dried gesso.  Let everything dry.
birthday celebration gesso and paint
I attached the pink DCWV Self-adhesive Frame Border and then adhered the ceramic medallion (that I previously made) to the centre. And voila! 



5 comments:

  1. Roberta, I love this project!!! Well done and Happy birthday Ann!
    xx ZOey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great wall hanging. Ann will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roberta this is a wonderful plaque, I love the colors...thank you so much for being part of this wonderful surprise birthday hop!! xoxox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! I love the colors & thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...