March 08, 2010

Thank you Menagerie

Talk about embellishment city!!!!  This was a special request from my sister-in-law; and I thought some of the weekly challenges was challenging! She wanted a special Thank you card and it HAD to include the following: a teddy bear, flowers, a cat, a whale, and a platypus! (is that all? lol). Anyway, the card is 81/2 x 51/2 Avery Textured cards colour 3378. I dabbed the front with various Autumn Leaves clear stamp ink pads: green, blue, and lime green. The bear I created from SCAL welding several given shapes.  I'm very happy with the results. I used an old cuff link button for the collar of the tie, Martha Stewart ribbon, embossing powder, small blue crystals for the cats eyes.  The whale is from a SVGcuts file (toy whale)as is the black cat file.
The platypus is a whole other story; I had started with a jpg picture, converted it using Paint and then Inkscape, imported it into SCAL. Card stock is Martha Stewart Heirloom paper pad.
I created the green wire thank you using my new purchase: Crazy Writer.  I adhered the word with a ribbon of clear Zips Ultra thin lines, and then to 'cover' the excess stickiness, I poured clear crystal beads onto the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...