October 09, 2010

Birthday Card Explosion

Emergency request for 5 birthday cards - customized - and pronto!  Yay! I love pressure!:)


Actually I loved finding some beautiful papers to work with including toile, patterned velum, and thick bazzil.



The material du jour is wire. The card is in 3 layers: patterned flower velum over graphic grey paper and then bazzil card stock. Topped with crystals and pearl brads.
"Annie" loves colour

I found my pressed flowers (finally) and added this pretty little pansy to the front.
The crackled effect was not intended. I dabbed red ink where the balloon would be,then a thin layer of glue, topped with clear crystal sparkles. (Martha Stewart)



I wish the picture could more accurately capture how beautiful the flowered velum is.
The recipient apparently loves 'everything French', except apparently the language because if this were the case I could have written 'joyeux anniversaire'.  Oh well; c'est dommage.  I loved using the wedgewood blue frame and toile paper.



This is one of my favourite stamps.

Oh, how I miss Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...