December 05, 2010

Latest discovery -- Faux Enamel!


Open holiday tags and fiskars_01.JPGWhilst continuing my love affair with counter top samples from Home Depot, I discovered this wonderful technique.  It is not what I had set out to do, but I was very happy with the results!  How was this accomplished?  I started with painting the 'wrong' side of the sample with acrylic paint.  I stamped the trees and then dabbed dots of Stickles and glitter glue where the leaves would be.  Once it had thoroughly dried, I applied a layer of 3D Laquer. The trunks were highlighted with green Stickles.  The top 'drops' were created with the 3D Laquer and highlighted with Adirondack Mixatives in Copper.
Just add a ribbon, wire or yarn and you have a tag/ornament.

The other side (the actual Right side of the sample)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...