December 03, 2010

A little out of season, but...


I love flowers and plants and some might say I have an emerald thumb

One of my pleasures is to come into my bright kitchen every day and say flowers growing and plants thriving.

I seem to have found the perfect spot to grow orchids - and it's the exact opposite to what the experts tell you to do. 
Here are 2 of my babies -- well they are well on their way to adulthood, actually.

First is my orchid Cynthia and she is 4 years old and 3 feet high.   



Next is my terrarium.  It has been with me since my daughter was in Grade 2! She needed to do a 'green project' and my hubby had found these wonderful glass bowls (it is 2 feet round), so we made a cute little garden. I have tended it and by my math, it has been thriving with NO change of earth for 11 years!


It is so nice having green, living, breathing flora especially as the days get darker and colder. Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...