February 08, 2012

Valentine's Day Card - Steampunk with Peek-a-boo window

Valentine's Day Card - Steampunk with Peek-a-boo window

I participated in a Valentine's Day Steampunk card swap with Cynchronicity and I was happy to learn that I was making something special for my friend Bambi. 
Valentines steampunk card
I love the 'gears' envelope from ProvoCraft for the Cuttlebug!
Here's the card that I can now publish because she has just received it. 

I started with plain white Superstock (thank you, Cathie Allen) and inked and stamped my colours on as I pleased.
Valentines steampunk card Maya Road
love the resin flower from Maya Road.

Valentines steampunk card close up
little watch parts added to washers and enhanced with alcohol inks and Stickles

Valentines steampunk card



Valentines steampunk card
I cut out one of the gears to make a little window for my steampunk bird to show through.

Valentines steampunk card close up window
This adorable stamp is part of a 4 part plate from Queen Kat Designs.



  
 valentines steampunk card window open
I stamped the image twice to have a shadow piece underneath. Coloured with Copics and then gave a glossy finish with Glossy Accents.



 valentines steampunk card
Sentiment was printed on my laser printer, in 'Steampunk Font', on cardstock.  I crumpled the paper and then distressed it with Tim Holtz distress ink and added some pink marker.
Thank you for stopping by!
~Roberta

4 comments:

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...