April 07, 2014

Springtime Wind Chime with Ann Butler Designs

Ann Butler Designs wind chime
Ann Butler Designs wind chime

Today I would like to share a quick, inexpensive and musical project to brighten your porch or deck. 

This is my Springtime Wind Chime with Ann Butler Designs


What did I use?
  • EZ-De’sTM Ann Butler Designs stamps by Kellycraft
  • ColorBox Crafter’s® ink by Ann Butler in Limelight, Lilac, and Aquamarine
  • janetdunndesign Hampton Art Love stamp
  • DecoArt Americana Triple Thick brush on Gloss Glaze
  • assorted beads and hardware from my collection
  • Jewelry wire 20 ga



Ann Butler Designs windchime

Michaels has a fantastic selection of wood shapes, items, die cuts and the prices are low. I grabbed this unfinished wind chime, sanded the edges (they can be a little rough) and got down to work.

I used Clearsnap inks to create the multi-colour impression of the Love stamp. I made sure to leave some border room for my EZ De stamp. 
Once the ink was dry I used a paintbrush to go over the sentiment using the same inks. Ann's inks apply beautifully like a paint.
Using the 'bars' stamp I created my border.
Next I took the ink pad and applied it directly to all the edges.
Add charms, beads, etc.

I replaced the jute string with jewelry wire so I could attach my beads and fancy bolt. (and because it looks prettier). (You could easily ink the jute, by the way. )

Hang it up and let the music play!

~Roberta

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...