June 20, 2014

CHA Designers Retreat June 2014

The CHA Designers Retreat June 2014 was amazing!
Kempenfelt Centre, Innisfil Ontario

CHA retreat banner


Do you remember how excited I was following last year's retreat? Well, I will be honest and say that as much as I was looking forward to this year's event I was a tiny bit apprehensive: would it meet my expectations; will it be disappointing in relation to how great the first retreat was? You know how when you would get a new toy and it was perfect and new and shiny and full of possibilities? 
DecoArt Chalky Finish and paints
All products supplied by DecoArt. Workshop was lead by Tracy Moreau.  Chalky finish paints are AWESOME!

Well, I am thrilled to report that this event was as fantastic as last year's retreat. The CHA Canada team outdid themselves once again with the quality of workshops and accreditation seminars. 

The Kempenfelt Conference facility is beautiful this time of year and we all enjoyed the bay, beach and even campfire. Meeting many new people and being exposed to new techniques was rejuvenating and nourishment to my soul. I came home feeling recharged and full of new ideas.
Pebeo paints and canvas
All products supplied by Pebeo. Workshop lead by Debbie Cotton. I am in LOVE with my butterfly.

Purple Cows wax and encaustic
All products supplied by Purple Cows! Workshop lead by Nancy Donaldson. I love encaustic!
Westcott scissors
Thank you Westcott for these scissors and so many more items in our swag bag!
Crafting session lead by Carmi Cimicata. We personalized our scissors!
I am grateful to the many sponsors who contributed to the success of this CHA event:
Also to the following experts who lead us in our workshops and seminars: Wendy Russell, Tracy Moreau, Carmi Cimicata, Debbie Cotton, Linda Pidzamecky, Nancy Donaldson and Michael Sellick.

Janome sewing machines
I sewed this! Wonderful workshop lead by Linda Pidzamecky.

John Bead jewelry leather
Fantastic leather and jewelry workshop lead by Carmi Cimicata for John Bead.
Special thanks to the executive committee for executing a first class retreat: Brenda Greenwood-Vernem, Carmi Cimicata, Audrey Dejong, Wendy Russell and Paula Jones.


More posts will follow ( because there are A LOT more pictures to share!).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...