Who doesn't love an easy birthday card? Go ahead, call me lazy, but I prefer to describe myself as a practical card maker.
I don't make as many cards as I once did; having gone to the 'dark side' and focusing more on mixed media and Powertex™ sculpting.
But once in a while, usually for a special occasion, I create a card, and I happen to really love this one.
What did I use?
- White cardstock for 5" x 7" card
- UsArtquest PPA™ - Gloss
- UsArtquest Mini Prills™, Heart of Gold and Seas the Day
- Unity Ann Butler faux-quilting stamps, 1" Strips.Dots.Hearts
- ColorBox Crafter's™ Ann Butler inks, Limelight
- Spritz™ paper straws
- Maya Road trim
- Flower die cuts
- MAMBI journal cards
How did I do it?
- Stamp the front of the card with the dots stamp, in limelight ink, and randomly brush on some limelight with your paintbrush.
- Adhere the sentiment card with PPA™
- Glue the floral die cuts with PPA™
- Attach the white trim with PPA™.
- Cut the straw to fit and run a line of PPA™ where it will touch the trim. As you place it, gently flatten the straw. FULL DISCLOSURE - I wanted to attach green ribbon to the white trim, but it wouldn't stick, so instead of getting off my butt and getting another glue, I grabbed my straws and decided to use them.
- With leftover straw, unroll the straw and cut triangular confetti and glue it to the card
- Enhance the front with the mini Prills™
- Because PPA also leaves a lovely gloss, I coated the straw and lightly dropped prills™ onto it while it was wet.
- Glue inside sentiment.