February 22, 2011

In The Zone - February 21- What did you Miss?


Here is the link for the Playback of this show 

Karma Chameleon - you come and go, you come and go.......
Our theme tonight was that oldie by Boy George. As usual, Cynthia and I do NOT know what the other is preparing, so it's always a wonderful surprise to see what the other has dreamt up.

I chose to focus on the "Chameleon" part of the title;Cyn went the 'karma' route :)

I demonstrated how to make an "Exploding Box"!!! These are so much fun and a most excellent gift for someone special.
I wanted to make something that looked like one thing, but was in fact, something else (the chameleon). That is how I decided to make the exploding box.


Here are the products I used in my demonstration: 
Papers:
Cynthia Hart for Frances Meyer
Robyn Pandolph for Daisy D's - Secret Garden
Anna Griffen

DCWV
Inks:
Studio G Pigment Ink- pink
Craft Smart for Michaels - chocolate brown

Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive glue
Ranger Glossy accents


Cyn then showed us how to make the COOLEST beads I have seen in a very long time! We thought she had objects inside them, but nope, it was how she made them and it was fascinating discovering her technique.


Our lucky winner of the night was ELIZABETH TAYLOR!!! Elizabeth (ET, as I like to call her) will be receiving  a lovely assortment of vintage papers!!! Congratulations ET!

I hope to see you all really soon.
Until we meet again,
Next week's theme is: "These Boots Are Made for Walking"

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...