February 10, 2011

Watch "Bejewelled and Bedazzled" Tonight on Robi@Nite Craft Show



Tonight on the robi@nite show - It's going to be 'Jem'-packed because I am going to demonstrate a faux-enamel effect, also known as cloisonné.                  

Cloisonné is an ancient technique for decorating metalwork objects, in recent centuries using vitreous enamel, and in older periods also inlays of cut gemstones, glass, and other materials. The resulting objects can also be called cloisonné.

I have always loved cloisonné and I am also going to share a few of my favourite pieces from my collection  , including a beautiful necklace and vase.  While on my hunt for that necklace, I came across many vintage pieces of jewelery which I would also like to share with you tonight.  Many pieces are from the 1940's and a couple are from the 1920's.  There are rings, bracelets, earrings and brooches.  Perhaps they might inspire you in your art? 
I will have a quick 'warm up' demo that I find  very relaxing. During last week's show I briefly showed you some of my sketches of trees, and more specifically, mountains.  It's the mountains and their negative shapes that I will focus on.

As always, there will be a giveaway at the end of the show -- and tonight, being jewelery-themed, well.... let's just say it's theme-related :)

So grab your Snuggies, a few of your friends, maybe your sketch pad and pencil, and visit with me tonight!
The show begins at 11:59 pm EST.  That is 9 pm PST, 10 pm MST, and 11 pm CST.
The room will open at 11:30 pm EST for pre-show CHAT, crackers and cheese, and beverages :)

See you then          Click Here to go to the show

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...