May 23, 2011

A Night Out at the Opera


My most excellent Mother's Day/Birthday night with my son, Mark. 
Mother and Son - What a team!
 



First we went for dinner and then downtown to the Four Seasons Theatre to enjoy "Ariadne auf Naxos" by Richard Strauss.  The Canadian Opera Company (COC)  put on a most fantastic performance, and I enjoyed it to the 50th power of 10 because Mark surprised me with Front Row Centre tickets, right behind the conductor.  The view of the orchestra pit and all the beautiful instruments really added to the event.  Mark had his eye on a very pretty viola player, but that's part of HIS tale to tell.

I couldn't resist taking these close-up shots of the program
I found the mask to be quite fascinating   
The Four Seasons Theatre  Toronto, Canada


My Date

The opera was beautiful and hysterical -- the most bizarre concept I have ever seen! Thank you, Mark, for a most memorable night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...