October 30, 2011

Recycled for Art's Sake - Cuttlebug to the Rescue

Quiz time:When is an aluminium seal for a tin of coffee capable of soaring miles above the earth?


When it's a hot air balloon!




Using a ProvoCraft Cuttlebug 'gears' folder, I ran my seal through my Cuttlebug and, eventhough I had planned to cut off the pesky little part where you pull it off the can, I was thrilled to discover that THAT was the part making it a balloon!
And voila! My Bon Voyage card created because I drink coffee!


What I Did
For the balloon - Cuttlebug 'Gears' folder, aluminium lid, alcohol inks, embroidery floss, postage stamp sticker for basket.
Card stock from DCWV. I ran several Kaleidoscope ink pads along the paper and then used the bicycle stamp I purchased from the $1.50 bin at Michaels.
Sentiment  and bottom border from a kit ( sorry, don't remember the name).
Adhesive - double-sided tape and Glossy Accents
Rangers distress and Archival Ink (olive) for edges.

Thank you for stopping by!
~Robi

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...