June 12, 2012

Wonderful Crop at 'The Workshop' (Stouffville)

9 hours in a lovely scrapbooking store with lovely ladies, amazing food and tons of inspiration = how I spent Saturday.

It was a special day because it was to help support a friend's daughter's planned trip to Africa later this month.  Catherine (the Mom), as usual, is the most gracious and generous hostess and the owner of The Workshop, Sandra, graciously held the event. Of course I didn't think I'd know anyone and my 'crafter-in-crime' Tina was away on business, but it didn't take long to re-connect with familiar faces and make NEW friends.  ( You know how much I love meeting people - so it was great).
I managed to make some things, too! ( Yes, I stopped talking and socializing long enough to actually complete some projects).

I worked on building up my card supply but also preparing a special Smash book for Catherine's daughter to take with her to Kenya.  Everyone wrote a special message in it to her to make it even more special:)

Of course I forgot to take pictures of it (dang).  I offered to jazz up the cover for her upon her return, so that's something to look forward to do with her next month.

Here is the card I entered in the Card Challenge(use 4 different patterned papers, 3 flower elements, 2 buttons, one sentiment).:



What did I do?
I started by stamping my pretty yellow polka-dot cardstock with a Ditto background stamp using Ranger fired brick Distress Ink.  I added some distressing by dabbing some Ranger peeled paint and tea dye inks sporadically on the paper's surface.
I used a Perfect Medium pen to go along the lines of the stem and branches of the stamp and then used Perfect Pearls in Forever Red.


The flower was a MITI and it was SOOOOOOOOO easy! By using an already-ruffled ribbon I didn't have to keep twisting the fabric as I pressed it into a giant Gluber.  Starting from the outside and working my way in it took seconds to do. I sewed 2 buttons together with twine and glued them to the centre of the flower with Beacon's 3-in-1 Craft Glue. I tied a bow with the remaining twine.
I made the 3D butterfly using the EKSuccess 3-in-1 butterfly punch.
The bottom strip of paper on the card was fringed using the tips of my scissors.


The scallop border was made using the Creative Memories border punch.





The flowers: rolling a paper spiral around a pencil and embellishing with Ranger Liquid Pearls.


And I came in 2nd. :)

Thanks for stopping by today,
~Roberta


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...