March 29, 2015

Inked and Stamped Art Journal Page

I started an art journal several years ago and did a really good job making it; I used my best watercolour papers, ribbons, tape, etc...  and only filled half of it.  I am now committed to finish this art journal so I may create a new one. 

Today I am sharing with you a 2 page layout I made using paint, ink, stamps, powders, die cuts and buttons: the WHOLE enchilada! 

What did I use?

  • ColorBox® Art Screens by Ann Butler, waves
  • ColorBox® Background Basics by Ann Butler, Basket 1
  • Crafter's™ ink by Ann Butler: Blueberry, Aquamarine, Ocean Breeze, Sunshine
  • Earth Safe Finishes Iridescents: rose, leaf, sunshine
  • DecoArt® Americana Gloss Enamels Stick-On Stencils - Fluttery Friends 6x8
  • DecoArt® Americana® acrylic paint; titanium white
  • EnviroTex® Lite resin
  • modeling paste
  • gold tinsel
  • wood die cut
  • buttons
  • ZipDry™
  • wet wipes
  • embossing powder
  • sentiment stickers
I used the inks to cover my pages and find they work beautifully with watercolor paper. To adjust the color once it's on the page, I take a wet wipe and wring it out and then gently rub the surface.
I use this technique to create a watercolor effect because I place my ink on the page but leave white areas into which I will blend the ink with liquid. ( here I used the wet wipes, but of course water and a brush will do).
I used a chunky embossing powder for the bird and I love the enamelled look

I love how heat embossing the stamps gives them so much depth and texture


I'm not sure how many layers I have on here. :)
To make the jar:
  1. paint one coat of white to cover the surface
  2. using the waves art screen,  shmear a layer of modelling paste and let it dry.
  3. Rub various inks and iridescents on the waves and into the wood and let dry
  4. Coat with resin and sprinkle tinsel. Let dry.


roberta signature journal page


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...