October 03, 2010

Freebie - How to Make a Bear with SCAL and Cricut

My sister-in-law needed an emergency birthday card;" it has to be a bear", she said.
Here is the card and I am going to show you how I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot to make the bear.
Here is the birthday boy bear. I cut out two bears and attached them with 'paper tape'.
It is super easy to create things right on the Cricut using Sure Cuts A Lot.  With the excellent changes to  SCAL2 I no longer have to struggle with making my own svg files with programs like Inkscape.


It's basically putting together a series of circles.

Just grab a bunch of circles from the shape menu


It's so easy to manipulate the shapes
The bear is being born
It's all about symmetry, I say!
Make sure you SELECT the entire bear and GROUP and WELD all the parts together so you don't inadvertently move some parts. .

You may find that when you view the bear that the proportions might be off.  Just UNGROUP the bear and you can move the parts around until you find it satisfactory.

I really do love that button.




Email me if you want the svg file  decorables@rogers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...