October 03, 2010

TheHive Creative Challenge - Fall Leaves Book

I started this book as an entry for The Hive Creative Challenge - Autumn.  We have beautiful foliage now in Ontario, and I often like to save leaves or incorporate them into my work.  
I be-leaf the leaves are falling.




The front page is backed with an envelope with a pretty frayed edge to hold leaves.

Recycling matters! The mustard-coloured ribbon is stretchy and it was from a new linen set, holding it together.  The leaves were punched out from glossy calendars.  The gold tissue forming the leaf pile and under the large chipboard flower is from a gift bag  Debsy received for her birthday.

The leaf tucked behind the ribbon is punched from my watercolours.
I also used for the first time, Aleene's Tacky Glue Fast Drying Glue Pen and I am thrilled with the results.  I am also going to try the Glue Stick (which I didn't know about until I watched Cool2Craft) I bought it at Michaels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...