November 15, 2010

Please don't tell my paint chips but.... Part One

It's time for another confession.
I have been unfaithful.  PLEASE don't judge me....

On my recent trip to Lowes, I left my beloved paint chips on one side of the aisle, and I crossed over -- to the kitchen department and the countertop 'chips'.   

Wood grain, granite, marble --- matte or glossy finish -- lots of possibilities.
I chose 6 or so samples to start with, and took 2 of each;  I wasn't sure if I was going to put them back-to-back, or just use it as a single, or if I was going to work on the finished or backside of the sample.
The hole would make it perfect for a tag or ornament and I was undecided if I would use pretty wires or ribbons or yarn.  I could worry about that later:)

Looking at the finishes, I knew I would have to deal with the glossy/finished surfaces depending on what I wanted to embellish them with.  I discovered quite quickly that using paint required priming with a primer or sanding the surface.  Sanding a pretty surface would defeat the purpose,(and I'm a poet and just don't know it)... anyway.....  on to my first project.... 

Thanks to Tiffany Windsor I fell in love with texture magic. Tiffany loves working with this product and has demonstrated many projects using it.  I purchased a tube from Michaels (with my 50% off coupon because God forbid I pay full retail) and decided to give it a whirl.
I used one of my (MANY) Fiskars embossing templates for the fleur de lis pattern.
Texture Magic - cashmere colour.  I wanted a whiter colour but this was all that was in stock at the time.


I was curious to see how embossing powder would work out on a glossy surface and discovered it was perfect but I wasn't pleased with just that pink pattern, so that is when I whipped out the Texture Magic and made the fleur de lis.

You can better see the pink embossing I did under the fleur de lis.  Also, I embossed "For You" on the sample on the right.
 
Drying --- Yes, they are hanging from a water glass.  I found that by attaching wire I could hang them anywhere and even bend it to prop up the samples as I worked on them.


Works in Progress ---  Various techniques I am using:
Paint chips decoupaged, paper flower embellished with 3D Laquer, wire, acrylic paint.


Punched flowers decoupaged, paint, alcohol inks

Decoupage, rubber stamp, paint, alcohol ink

Acrylic paint, flocking, alcohol inks, embossing, wire,stamp


Silver decorative wire mesh, glitter.


Please Stay tuned for the finished products...........



Recipe for creation:
Adirondack inks: Purple Twilight,Sunset Orange,Sunshine Yellow
Adirondack ink Mixatives: Copper,Pearl
Anita's Acrylic Paints:11062 Periwinkle, 11075 Honeydew
Liquitex Gloss Varnish
Martha Stewart Holidays tinsel glitter
Martha Stewart Decoupage Glue
Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer
Fiskars Heritage template 5621
Silver jewellery wire
Paint chips
Rubber stamps
Crystal embellishments
Fiskars flower punch
Martha Stewart white flocking 
Delta Texture Magic - Cashmere

And YES, if you were paying attention I managed to work in some beloved paint chips:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what great ideas! Thanks for the tip about the texture magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Gina. Thank you for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...