June 05, 2011

Sassy Lassy Meets Sue!

Multi-media tile. Image courtesy Sue Miller Art
 It's been 'multi-media' week around here; I don't remember the last time I made a 'simple card'.  My brain has been in hyper-drive with lots of new and fantastical ideas and I am not getting a lot of sleep. Here is the latest  multi-media 'tile' I finished (today).
This tile is made using a 71/2 square inch corrugated cardboard packing divider.



I gave it a few coats of Liquitex and then began my collage. The black part on the canvas is xray film which I layered over cocktail napkins and patterened paper.  The xray film is SO cool because it is a different surface, it has varying degrees of opacity, and it loves alcohol inks.

The image is from Sue Miller.  Sue has a wonderful set of Art Postcards which (I think) are an incredible deal.  The raised square to the left of our pretty maiden is a tiny wood tile which I decoupaged with the matching cocktail napkin ( only use the printed ply).
I can now use this as a topper for a large card/frameable art, or as a stand-alone piece of art.  I like working on this thick cardboard, or chipbaord first because it allows me to take my time finalizing its ultimate purpose.
Thank you for stopping by,
~Roberta

 
 

Patches of Pink
...AND this is my first link-up with Patches of PInk:)
Thanks for stopping by,
~Robi

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. Love how bright and cheery and how many interesting things you've added. Thought since we visit so often on The Hive, it made more sense to visit on our "real blogs".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! LOVE the color combo - so rich and vibrant! Thanks for linking up with Patches of Pink!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comments:)

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...