May 17, 2012

I love Martha Stewart Crafters Clay - Part 2

We pick up our story from when I left you to play with more of my Martha Stewart Crafters Clay. I found that it's pretty hard to 'overwork' your clay, but eventually it will not be very happy with you ( if it's a small piece and been left out for a little while), otherwise I had no problems.
The last time I played with any material like this, it was plasticine and I kept expecting to have to struggle with the blending but it was so easy and I had to keep reminding myself, 'this is not plasticine'!

WHAT DID I USE?
I chose a beautiful green bazzil cardstock and used an embossed, mint cardstock to anchor my flowers.  The corners are made with a Martha Stewart Corner Punch. The right edge is cut from a Martha Stewart scallop and dots punch. I drizzled Ranger Glossy Accents to mimic water.






This was my first attempt at hand-rolling flowers. I really enjoyed making them and appreciate the vast room for improvement ahead of me! When the flowers were still wet I attached them to a flower stem, wrapped some remaining clay around to adhere the two, and then once the clay had dried, I then applied the green floral tape to the base of the flower and the entire stem.



So what are you waiting for? Go grab your clay AND PLAY! :)

Thanks for stopping by,
~Roberta



1 comment:

  1. Roberta ...I really like the the way your card and all the flowers and bird that you did with the Martha clay ..Thank you for sharing .. Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...