December 08, 2013

Resin Time is Anytime; ETI Resin Project

A little while ago I shared a project I worked on for a CHA installation created by Carmi Cimicata for ETI Resin.
Over 80 bezels were created for the Resin Time is Anytime project.

I was recently given the opportunity by the amazing Carmi Cimicata

to participate in a project for the CHA2014 Mega Show.

Carmi sent out these beautiful watch bezels and asked us to make whatever we wanted with them. Because I had the best resin teacher in the world, I wanted to create something I would love, but also something that I hoped would make Carmi proud of the impact she had on my creativity!



Into my bezel I placed: one vintage postage stamp, 5 amber crystals, and black quilled paper.  All the paper was given 3 coats of DecoArt decoupage medium to properly seal and protect the paper from the unforgiving elements of the resin. The crystals are also chosen carefully because plastic embellishments can/may disintegrate once the resin is poured.
Once the resin (I used ETI  Envirotex Lite resin) was cured for 48 hours I added the little hand (Recollections? embellishment perhaps) with Beacon's 3-in-1 glue. This glue is wonderful because it dries quickly and clear for a strong blond.
I added the hand as my take on a 'clock hand'.

The patina was added with a combination of  StudioG chalk ink (Michaels), Clearsnap  green Smooch, and a little silver Rub n Buff.
What fun!

And here is Carmi's post with my submission. Please check out all the stunning submissions and explore Carmi's blog.

~Roberta

4 comments:

  1. Love how your piece turned out! I haven't done anything like this, but it sure looks like fun! I love the patina look you achieved too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Winnie. Resin Arts is like an addiction I don't want to quit.It's fun and easy! Check out Carmi's link in my post to see how an expert works her magic.

      Delete
  2. wonderful work of art, truly themed gorgeously, be proud girl, its a lovely work of art

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Ava! I really enjoyed making it.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...