March 05, 2012

Scrapbooking 101 - Learn How to Scrap

I am loving the Spotted Canary School course I am teaching. My students are wonderful and I really look forward to teaching them.

I know there are many of you who have been scrapbooking, card-making and crafting for years, but what I think really sets the Spotted Canary School program apart from others is that although it is promoted as 'Learn how to Scrapbook', it is a fantastic course laying out the basic fundamentals for every craft.
When I looked over the training course outline before I started my certification, my initial response was, 'Oh boy - I am going to be SO bored. I already KNOW all of this.'
I couldn't have been more wrong.

Although we have been 'crafting for years' many of us never learned 'the basics'. Some of us have, but we tend to forget many things or fall into certain habits.

What does SCS teach (in a very fun way, too)?
Organizational skills
Planning
Understanding elements of design
The right tools for the job
Colour Theory
Setting Mood, focal point, flow..
Writing
Journalling
Pen techniques
Prompts
Photography basics
Time-saving tips
...and more

For only $25 for 8 hours of instruction it is the best value of any course I know of. The classes are 2 hours each week for 4 weeks.

I teach at Michaels Markham, Ontario (Hwy 7 and Woodbine Ave) and I have many classes scheduled through the end of May - Scrapbooking AND paper crafts.

CHECK OUT THE CLASS SCHEDULE

Please email me at michaelsinstructor@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Thank you for stopping by,
~Roberta
Decorables


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's nice to get feedback.

Popular Posts

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...

Hand painted Vase 12" - Click to see more...
Fine lines and beautiful medley of greens, blues and yellows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...